RPGCore is a framework for producing RPG games and mechanics in Unity.
You can find this project on GitHub: https://github.com/Fydar/RPGCore/
At it's core, it features a behaviour system that's used to create items and buffs. The behaviour system is setup using a visual scripting tool, shown below.
The long-term goal of this project is to produce a framework that creates modular and event based mechanics for clients and servers.
RPGCore in it's current state is very much a prototype. I don't recommend anyone use this project commercially unless they understand it and are willing to modify it to suit their needs. This code has no multiplayer compatibility (yet) and uses a lot of lambda expressions to accomplish the node connections - so performance when running over 500 characters may vary.
I am currently in the process of rewriting RPGCore to run on servers and not rely on ScriptableObjects.
- Rewrite inventory and slots systems.
- Remove lambda expressions and rework nodes system.
- Create a Unity-independent version that can run on servers.
- Make node behaviours server authoritative.
- Create an app that can be used to edit the graphs outside of Unity.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.